Haslemere is enormously proud of its' volunteers and the commitment made by a lot of people to support the Club.
The Senior section of the Club has undergone a review recently and we’ve identified a couple of key roles to become part of our overall management team.
1. Membership Secretary
Don’t be fooled by the title. This is role has a blend of commercial, organisational, IT and compliance responsibilities to ensure that our players are recruited, on-boarded and kitted-out to play for the Club. Role responsibilities are, as follows:
- Meet people and explain the benefits of membership to them
- Actively encourage new members to join
- Help the club to prosper through sustaining and growing the membership
- Manage everything to do with memberships, including types, subscriptions, renewals and income
- Keep the membership database and the Game Management System up-to- date
- Ensure membership fees are paid, outstanding kit money is paid and records kept
- Create and deliver a plan for recruiting new members, with the support of a team recruitment officer for a larger club
- Determine the needs of players Club kit covering socks, shorts, polo shirts, training tops etc
- IT Literate (Game Management System)
- Friendly and approachable – you’ll be key contact for your members.
- Full of bright ideas to attract new membership (works with Promotion & Recruitment Manager)
2. Forwards Coach
Our player numbers are building as well as our aspirations, so we need a Forwards Coach to develop our pack, shape tactics, analyse matches and work with the rest of the coaching team to maximise the performance of the Senior squad. Role responsibilities are, as follows:
- Plan and run safe, effective training sessions on Tuesday evenings
- Prepare the Forwards for the game on match days
- Retain players and work with relevant volunteers to recruit players
- Build team spirit and encourage participation
- Develop individuals’ skill, confidence and fitness
- Help select the team and set the tactics
- Work with the Club Coaching Coordinator to continue learning and developing
- Promote fair play, team standards and codes of conduct
So if you’re wondering “am I the right person ?” ....................Don’t !
Just reach out to me for an informal chat about either role to see if it’s for you or not, and we’ll decide to take it further involving our members of the management team.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Updated 20:26 - 24 Jan 2019 by Darrell King